Continuing with our back to school posts, we have some back to school hacks from YouTube sensation Wengie.
Try these 10 hacks to get kids ready to learn.
1. For a really convenient to-do list, put a few stacks of sticky notes onto a small blackboard. Write one task on each sticky note and when it’s done, rip it off. You can also stick them in other places if you need to.
2. When you start a new subject, leave the first few pages of your notebook blank so that you can go back later and put in a table of contents to find your notes easier.
3. Color the top corner of your notebooks different colors so that when you’re looking at them in your bag, they don’t all look the same from the top.
4. Rather than just using Google when doing research for an essay, use Scholar.Google.com to find scholarly resources, which will be better to use than things like blog posts.
5. If you’re having trouble finding resources for an essay, pick one great book and turn to its bibliography to find the resources used for that particular book. You can then use these as resources for your own paper.
6. If you have a quote from a book that you want to use, but you don’t know the page number, you can search Google Books using the quote and it will tell you what page number it comes from.
7. To help you remember the first several numbers of pi, use the sentence “May I have a large container of coffee?” If you count the letters of each word in that sentence, it will give you pi: 3.1415926.
8. Before you pack your smelly gym shoes away in your bag or locker, put a tea bag in each one. It will cut down the smell.
9. Keep an emergency kit in your bag with things like band-aids, a comb, hand sanitizer and anything else you might need in a hurry.
10. If you need a whiteboard, but don’t have one handy, try using the glass in a picture frame you’re not using (it will also work with one you’re using, too). All you need is a dry erase marker and a cloth to erase it with.
And have fun!JOIN THE FUN CLUB